Thursday, December 25, 2014

Spanish - Class XIII

All my dreams of being able to sleep till late on Sunday mornings come January were cruelly dashed by our teacher last weekend in one master stroke - we are going to have classes all through January. She added for good measure that we will have our written final test on first Sunday of February and the orals on the Sunday after that. Man! I dread Vivas :-(

Most of the time (almost 75%) was spent in reviewing homework. In the last half hour, we covered two kinds of irregular verbs - the ones which change e to ie and the ones that change o to ue. Till now, I had made my peace with one ambiguity in Spanish language- which adjectives should be used with SER and which ones with ESTAR. Now I have to wrestle with this bugbear of which verbs are the irregular ones. :-(

Sometimes I wonder if I will forget what I wanted to say in the first place while trying to remember all the relevant grammar rules :-(

No comments: