Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Grey's Anatomy, Season 10

It seems like ages since the 9th season was aired in India - it has definitely been more than a year. So I wondered if I will be able to follow the storyline of the new season. Sure enough, I wasn't able to recognize any of the new interns. And I don't have a clue asto what is wrong between Yang and Owen, despite reading about season 9 on Wiki. That said, a few minutes into the new season and I caught on with the story.

First of all, I am angry with Dr. Richard Weber. If he chose Meredith so that she would be able to make decisions about his health by being completely objective, then he should have informed her about it. I felt so sad for her. I envied Dr. Bailey when she was finally able to find the dead issue while operating on Dr. Weber and triumphantly yelled for someone to inform Dr. Grey that 'when you know, you know'. Such moments are priceless in a professional's life. And this was definitely one of the moments when you feel like you should have been a doctor instead.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched Meredith tell the interns how she told George's mother stories about him after he passed away. Her character maybe annoying at times but it has progressed beautifully, and if I may say, naturally, from an unsure, confused intern into a mature
woman who apart from shouldering responsibilities of two children has the energy and enthusiasm to jump in and start taking care of multiple car pile-up as they are wheeled into the hospital at the end of the fund-raising event.

I stopped watching 'House' because it was painful to sit for an hour and watch him treat others with disdain. But time practically flew as I watched these first few episodes of the 10th season. Look forward to enjoying the rest of it :-)

No comments: