Saturday, July 5, 2014

Yeh Jo Hai Jindagi

Saturday nights always make me wonder why there are so many channels provided by the cable company. Not one of them has a program worth investing your time in. I was clicking through channels when I chanced upon Hathway Entertainment channel. Waiting to find out which movie was going to be aired, I was surprised to see when title song of 'Yeh Jo Hai Jindagi' (an 80s sitcom) started playing.

It was an episode in which Renu (Swarup Sampat) goes to husband Ranjit's (Shafi Inamdar) office as a sales-girl.  The decor of the home and office had the typical 80s look. A simple story and no-nonsense acting. It was so refreshing (not to mention nostalgic!) to watch it after almost 3 decades!

I hope I am able to catch an episode featuring Ranjit and Renu's neighbors - the Bhattacharya's :-)

No comments: