Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chilli House, Shivaji Park

It was a bit unsettling to be the only people lunching in the eatery. But this place has just opened up in the mall (if you can call it that!) that is located next to Shivaji Mandir. The only other option is McDonald's.

As a rule, whenever I go to any new place to dine, I order some run-of-the-mill dishes. If they taste okay, then the place is good to go. So Chicken Spring Rolls was the first dish to be ordered. But I was fascinated by the words 'Spicy Black Noodles' and decided to go for it as well. Unfortunately, our server said that it wasn't available. Okay, how about some Pad Thai then? He trouped to the kitchen and back. 'Spicy Black Noodles can be ordered but not Pad Thai'. I wanted to know what goes into 'Spicy Black Noodles' but all that I could get from the server was that they are cooked in soya sauce. I couldn't be sure whether they contained any vegetables or not. So, I decided to play it safe and ordered Sizzling Veg Teppan Soya Noodles.

The Spring Rolls were crispy and lightly seasoned. With 8-10 pieces per dish, a sizable quantity as well. The noodles were lightly spiced and served on the sizzler plate. Each dish is priced at around Rs 200-210. Light on pocket and light on tummy!

The restaurant is spacious with plenty of open space. The decor is pleasant. And the staff is courteous. I am glad I have found an alternative to McDonald's!!

No comments: