Sunday, March 2, 2014

Corniche, Carter Road, Bandra(W)

If you are looking for an eatery that serves a different kind of meal, I would suggest that you go to this place, if you don't mind dining Al Fresco. I should know, I have been there twice last month. :-)

If you check out the menu on Zomato, it is pretty exhaustive. But if you land up there on a Sunday, as I did on both occasions, you will be surprised to find a slimmer version being handed to you. That's their Sunday Brunch menu. Trust me, you will find a lot to choose, at least on the 1-2 visits, from this 2-page selection. So what did we go for?

We ordered 2 dishes on both visits - The Londoner and The Swiss. Be sure to ask for an addition of bacon to either one. You will thank me for it!

The Londoner
The Londoner consisted of Eggs Benedict i.e. two halves of a toasted English Muffin, poached eggs, cream and Hollandaise sauce. There was also a side of spicy baby tomatoes. In addition to bacon, you can also ask for a side of sweet potato hash browns or spinach. I am sure that I am going to keep coming to this place for The Londoner. Simply love it!

The Swiss
The Swiss, as you can see, consisted of pancakes, mushrooms, egg and blue cheese. A must-try for sure.

On our 1st visit, we had also ordered The Moroccan. The only thing I remember about it is that it had too much tomato for my taste. I am unlikely to order it again on my future visits.

The same goes for the Chicken Club Sandwich. It was served after considerable delay and wasn't worth it. The sandwich at the Art House - the Fern Residency at Chembur is the best!

Valet parking is available. The staff is prompt and courteous. The dining area is comfortable when the weather is pleasant but I am not sure how it will be during the scorching Summer months of April and May. The only downside is that flies can be a bit of a nuisance since it is an open-air sitting area. I have no idea how they manage during the monsoons.

But like I said before, it has already become one of my favorite eating joints in Mumbai - both for the menu and the ambiance.

No comments: