Monday, March 31, 2014

BadeMiya, Horniman Circle, Fort

'Disappointing' is the word, the only word, that comes to my mind. I had heard a lot about this place and was very excited when I sat down for lunch. We ordered Chicken Tikka, Mutton Salli Boti and Rotis/Naans. Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff, if you ask me.

The first shock was the Chicken Tikka - 6 pieces for a price of Rs 160 would have been okay if they had been of at least medium size. But these were really bite-sized ones. They were drier than the Rann Of Kutch and not at all tender. The mint chutney that was served as accompaniment can only be described as 'runny'. I thought of the creamy flavorful mint chutney served in Copper Chimney and almost wept.

To be sure, the waiter had said that the gravy of Mutton Salli Boti would be rather thick. But again I was dismayed to note that the quantity was far less as compared to the same dish served at other well-known Indian restaurants. The gravy was delicious, no doubt about it. But again the mutton was undercooked. I had to spit out two mutton pieces and didn't bother with anymore after that. I am surprised that didn't turn me off non-veg food for good.

Firni
I should have known better but I decided to give the place some benefit of doubt and ordered Firni - plain, without any flavor. And I am being generous when I say that it was 'okay'.

To sum it all up, the place is no value for money and I won't bother going back over there, ever again!

No comments: