Friday, February 28, 2014

Sometimes I wonder how the ministers can sleep at night. Hell! If I have even one unfinished task left at the end of the day, I feel restless as I go to bed. But then that's just me. You can stop any 'Aam Aadmi' on any street of any city in India and he or she will be able to rattle off a list of problems that have been plaguing the country since time immemorial. And yet, the government is inaction and lethargy personified.

Sample this - according to a web tool unveiled by the Planning Commission, the country's energy imports will quadruple by 2027 from its 2012 level of Rs 7 trillion if the country doesn't put in place policies to moderate consumption and reduce dependence on overseas suppliers. (Source: Energy imports to quadruple in 2027 if policy, use don't change)

Knowing both - how the government moves at a pace that will put a snail to shame and also the could-not-care-less attitude of us Indians - I am pretty sure that this dire prediction will prove to be an optimistic one in hindsight. :-(

No comments: