Sunday, January 19, 2014

X-Files

I had to check the internet (read Wiki!) to make sure that I had just watched the very last episode of the last (9th) season of the X-Files. It felt "that" incomplete. I wondered how Mulder got onto a helicopter and walked nonchalantly in that facility. And why. I wondered why Kersh suddenly changed his tune in the end. I wondered what answers Mulder and Scully hoped to find by visiting the Wise Man who turned out to be the Cigarette Smoking Man. I wondered what help Krycek's spirit provided to Mulder. And I wondered why the show ended on such a lame ineffective note.

To be fair, I didn't expect Mulder, Scully, Skinner, Doggett and Reyes to go with all guns blazing and rid the Earth of the 'bad aliens'. That happens in only Hindi movies and well, in movies like 'Men In Black'. It is also true that when the series ended, 22nd December 2012 was a few years away. Setting that as the date of the Alien Invasion must have sounded a creepy enough end at that time.

I also read on Wiki that there is talk of making an X-Files movie about this invasion. I wonder if it is rather too late for that, considering the fact that it is already 2014 now.

Still, after watching all 9 seasons back to back over the past few months, it is difficult to imagine the 8 o'clock slot without Mulder, Scully, Doggett, Reyes and Skinner. Who knows? The truth could indeed be out there :-)

No comments: