Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Tilgul flavor at Naturals

Not every edible thing should be turned into an ice-cream. I realized that when I took the first bite of Natural new Tilgul flavored Ice-cream. I had ordered Tender Coconut and should have been content with it. But as I was happily gorging on it, I noticed the board advertizing the new flavor. It also advertized Strawberry + Cream but that would have been a more calorie-laden option. Plus I wasn't watching Wimbledon so I decided to settle for what appeared like a healthier option - relatively speaking, of course.

When the ice-cream arrived I was alarmed at the quantity of peanuts that seemed to be sticking out of it. "But there are no peanuts in Tilgul" - the Maharashtrian in me protested at once. "Don't jump to conclusions" I admonished as I ate the first spoonful. The sesame seeds provided a crunchy texture that went well with the softness of the ice-cream but in my humble opinion they have gone rather overboard with it.

The overall effect was as if I am eating a peanut-sesame seed chikki mixed with vanilla ice-cream. Not at all impressive!

No comments: