Friday, January 10, 2014

The Irish House, Near Rhythm House, Kala Ghoda

Pierce Brosnan and Colin Farrell looked on as we sat down in anticipation of a good lunch. Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't in Hollywood. The photographs of the two actors were part of the collage on the wall of The Irish House where we had landed up last Sunday afternoon. I must confess that I fell in love with the decor at first sight. Instead of looking at the menu, I spent first five minutes inspecting the hilarious messages on the walls - much to the annoyance of my family. I suspect that I will not be allowed to carry my mobile next time we go out for lunch or dinner. Whatever!








So now on to the menu. I wasn't much interested in the Burger section. They seemed to be having only vegetarian salads and I didn't much relish the idea of asking them to add chicken pieces to it. So I turned my attention over to the other parts of the menu and after thinking over for a minute or two decided to order Chicken Cordon Bleu. The dish consists of fried chicken pieces topped with a rich sauce and a side of French fries, sauteed carrot and french bean sticks. The chicken was cooked to perfection but I could have done with some more sauce. Thankfully, the French fries were crisp and perfectly seasoned. Soggy, over-salted or under-salted fries are a sure-shot way to ruin an otherwise impeccably cooked dish.

Chicken Cordon Bleu
 The rest of the party ordered dishes like Spaghetti Meatballs and Irish Lamb Pie. I don't like noodles or lamb so I cannot comment on the quality of these. The mashed potatoes that accompanied the Irish Lamb Pie looked yummy though.

 
Spaghetti Meatballs
Irish Lamb Pie
Needless to say, this one's worth many future visits.

BTW, my most favorite message on their wall goes like this:

Irish Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to go to hell so that they will look forward to the trip

No comments: