Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vishwanath Prasad Vishwakarma

I am not sure how many people listen to the FM channel 100.7 - well, it's run by the Government. Can't blame them for not listening. Though they play songs from the Golden Era, most of their RJs are horrible. Even if I listen to them talk for, like, say 5 seconds, I feel as if I am frothing at the mouth.

But if I ever find myself with a little free time between 4-5pm, I make it a point to tune into their program called Parikrama. My most favorite part is the news bits given by their correspondents from nooks and crannies of the country.

That's where I learnt about Vishwanath Prasad Vishwakarma - a guy from Bihar who has been teaching under-privileged kids since 1997. It's an amazing story! Check out the following links:

Mobile teacher

A Bihar teacher on a mission to eradicate illiteracy

No comments: