Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hang Baby Falak's and Afreen's murderers!

Baby Afreen No More - read the headlines. And I thought to myself 'But I remember reading this news a couple of months back'. The possibility that this could be another girl child that has succumbed to injuries inflicted by her "parent" was too cruel to contemplate. Yet, that was true. Turns out that the news that I had read earlier was about baby Falak's death. What is our country coming to these days? Is this becoming a new social norm? How can the newspapers even refer to the murderers who did this as the baby's 'father'? They are murderers - plain and simple. We should make an exception in this case to the abolition of capital punishment. Hang them and hang them soon.

I couldn't make myself read the news in detail. I just hope that these poor girls' souls rests in peace and they are in a better place than this cold cruel country where men think that they are the superior gender. Shame on us!

No comments: