Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gandhi - FM Channel Fever 104.0

I chanced upon it by sheer luck. I hardly get a chance to listen to FM in the mornings but I was traveling that day and was sick of listening to Chikani Chameli and Pyar ki Pungi punctuated by mind-numbing RJ gibberish on almost all channels. I kept flipping through them in the dip hope of finding something good to listen to before I switched to my cache of stored songs. Suddenly, I heard Karan Singh on Fever. It's been days since I have heard any of his program because he mostly airs them in the mornings. I stayed put on the channel and that's how I heard that day's episode of Gandhi.

This is a program similar to the one done on Ramayana last year by the channel. Here independent India is the compere who is telling us all how Gandhiji led the country in its fight against the British empire. Presently Gandhiji is on an all-India tour on advice of Gopal Krishna Gokhale so he can understand his country and people better.

I am not sure what time the program airs in the morning but you can listen to it at 8:45pm every evening.

1 comment:

NitaPratap said...

Isn't the program so well prepared, right from the music, Farooque Sheikh's fantastic narration! I am totally hooked, its amazing to know about Gandhiji all over again, very inspiring.