Monday, July 11, 2011

The Wolf At The Door - by Jack Higgins

I don't know about you but if I am not well, I generally prefer to be left alone with a good book. Sometimes, just sometimes, God does listen to such teeny weeny prayers and so when I was down with upset stomach over the weekend I fortunately happened to have Jack Higgins's 'The Wolf At The Door' with me.

It has been quite some time since I last read a Jack Higgins novel. So I had to get myself reacquainted with Ferguson, Roper, Miller and Sean Dillon. I didn't remember the Salter brothers so I am not sure if they were part of the cast in the Higgins novels that I have read before or not. This time the plot has all the trappings of an international mystery and more. The "bad ol' Russian" side is represented by Putin himself plus assorted KGB chaps. IRA and Sinn Fein are also thrown in for good measure - which reminded me once again that I must read up on this whole chapter that was never part of the Indian history textbooks.

All in all a wholesome clean entertainment and certainly recommended for a rainy day!

No comments: