Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just when I was praising the mature reaction of Pakistani media and politicians on India's win against Pakistan, Shahid Afridi had to spoil it! Honestly, I am rather doubtful about the way their Indian counterparts would have reacted had the shoe been on the other foot.

I agree, Gambhir should not have dragged 26/11 into this. One one hand, you call it 'Cricket Diplomacy' and on the other, you somehow manage to drag in terrorism. We are better off not playing against each other then, really!

Having said that, I must confess that I don't personally think that India-Pakistan cricket matches will help foster any goodwill. I have a rather naive idea. Why not have a joint team of Indian-Pakistani players and make them play against other nations? I am not sure if that is feasible. But if cricket has to do its bit to improve relations between these 2 nations, then this would be the way to do it, in my humble opinion, of course.

I wish the sponsors had picked Pakistani players for IPL. At least Shahid Afridi would have seen how big-hearted we Indians are.

No comments: