Friday, September 3, 2010

3 cheers for LIC!

I remember that in the not-so-distant past, shaken by the state of the too-big-to-fail institutions on Wall Street, I had called upon my financial advisor. I was contemplating, what was from my humble point-of-view, a big ticket investment in some LIC product. And I wanted to be reassured that I was in safe hands. My advisor had just said one sentence - you cannot be in safer hands. I listened to her. And I am glad that I did.

Despite being a state-owned enterprise, LIC has always been a hallmark of stability and trust. Amazing, isn't it? It has just completed 54 years of its existence. And it has stayed true to its motto - योगक्षेमं वहाम्यहम - which, in Sanskrit, means that Your Welfare is our Responsibility.

Thank You LIC! I hope I am around when you turn 100. :-)

2 comments:

Fellow ISB Alum - Co05 said...

Hi Swapna,

I have been following your blog for a while now and am impressed by the myriad subjects you cover... Keep writing!

Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...

Hey Thanks a lot! You just made my day :-)