Thursday, August 12, 2010

I usually like Shekhar Bhatia's column in The Mint. But this time the first line caught me off guard - Have you ever wondered what happens to your email after you die?

Frankly, I haven't. Who has got time to think of death when you don't even have time to live life fully? :-( But the concept of these websites that help you sort out your after-death business while you are still breathing is interesting. I particularly liked the idea of them sending a message periodically to check if you are alive. Hell, I send such SMSs when I don't hear from a good friend in a long time. My SMSs usually go like -I hope you are alive and kicking. But I would love to see some of my best friends' faces when they get an SMS from me that says 'Please reply to demonstrate that you are still alive.' :-)

And, I do have a list of people who I would like to spook by sending them birthday and anniversary wishes long after I am gone. :-)

No comments: