Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What a crying shame!

First it was the inadequate preparation of the infrastructure and now the full-blown corruption scandal! Looks like the Commonwealth Games are going to be a major fiasco for the country. Last week, I felt ashamed as an Indian when I read that a foreign country coach warned his team to be prepared for the worst while in India. :-( I think those who are responsible for causing such a loss of face to the country should be publicly flogged. Any other punishment will not be enough!

But the show must go on and we have to find a way to save the situation. During my MBA days I had heard a lot of stories about how the Armed Forces personnel were in great demand in the corporate world because of their discipline and execution skills. I think the government would do well to call upon such people to complete this project. I don't think civilians should be allowed to meddle into this anymore.

No comments: