Friday, August 13, 2010

Last weekend I was watching a program called "Culinary Asia". The episode was on Japan. I came to know lots of interesting things about the culinary practices of this country. There was mention of a particular type of Sushi called Funa Sushi which is made from fish marinated in rice paste for 2 months.

Then they showed what are called as Bento boxes - essentially lunch on the go. The Japanese people love to create beautiful Bentos. These are generally sold at the bullet train stations and many people travel by these trains just to eat these Bentos. Some stations are famous for their Bentos.

Check out this site to look at some sumptuous-looking Bentos. My two encounters with Japanese food were rather disastrous but looking at these I feel like I should give the cuisine another try :-)

No comments: