Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sometimes I really wonder if it will ever be possible for India and Pakistan to forget their traditional enmity. The case in point is my behavior during the recent Twenty20 World Cup semifinal between Australia and Pakistan. All throughout the match, I was having so much heartburn that I could practically feel the acid dripping in the pit of my stomach :-( I jumped in the air when the Aussies finally won. Yet, somewhere I feel that I should have rooted more for the Asian team. I know, I know, I should have actually watched the match impartially. But then I am a human being and so impartiality is not my fame to claim. :-(

If I cannot clap for the Pakistani team even when they played a game that was 100 times better than what the Indian bunch of jokers did, will I ever be able to applaud any of Pakistan's achievements in future? I will not blame the Pakistanis for feeling the same towards India.

Has the peace between the 2 countries been a lost cause since 1947 then?

No comments: