Thursday, May 20, 2010

Speaking of the British, here is an SMS that I got today morning:

T20 England Cricket wishes to notify you on your mobile Nos has won you the award prize of GBP 960,000.

This is followed by an email address and a phone number. Come to think of it, I didn't even root for their team in the World Twenty20 cup. Actually, I didn't root for the Aussies either. Perhaps, for the first time in my life, I was completely neutral :-)

In case you are wondering about the grammar (or lack of it) in that SMS, I agree with you - that is not Queen's English. :-)

960,000 GBP? I guess all those stories about the British economy being in the doldrums are completely baseless then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this has to be a "hoax" ... !!!
what happened after this SMS ??

I also got the same ... !!! & am very curious to know.

Ramesh KR
(rameshkr1@rediffmail.com)

Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...

Hey, it was a hoax. That's why I did not do anything about it. I had posted it here in jest.

It's true what people say - that there are no free lunches in this world. No free breakfasts or dinners either :-)