Monday, February 8, 2010

The Overlook - by Michael Connelly

On my last trip to the library, I brought home Reader’s Digest Select Editions – this usually has 4 books together. I find it very convenient because it saves me 3 trips to the library. I had read one of these before – No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay.

Sometime last week, I finished reading another one – The Overlook by Michael Connelly. This is another Harry Bosch adventure. A scientist is found murdered on an Overlook in LA. Basic investigation reveals that he had access to radioactive material which is later found to be stolen. With so much at stake the scene is soon crawling with the FBI agents (I wonder why all of them always have to be a Special Agent!) – much to Bosch’s displeasure. Of course, it is anybody’s guess as to who finally gets the bad guy and saves the day. But the journey till that point is full of twists and turns – that make it a worthwhile reading.

Now I am reading the 3rd book in the set – The Last Testament by Sam Bourne.

No comments: