Monday, July 27, 2009

Let me begin today's blog on 2 notes - one sober and one jubilant.

The sober note is for the brave 533 soldiers who gave their lives 10 years ago at Kargil. I remember asking all my friends to send letters to those who were posted there. I also remember being shocked when so few of them had responded. :-( Here's a salute to all those who gave their lives for our country. I hope I can one day come there and pay my respects to you all personally!

And the jubilant note is for INS Arihant - India's first nuclear submarine - that was launched over the weekend. Though the naval experts say that it will take long to become fully operational, I don't doubt that when it does become operational, it will fulfill the promise its name has made to us - Arihant, the Destroyer of Enemies!

Way to go guys!

No comments: