Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When you read this post, I am sure that you will wonder – like my family - about my incessant interest in Hitler and Nazi Germany. I must confess that, despite all the violence and bloodshed, these black pages in history remain some of the most interesting ones – if only to find out where the world went wrong.

So, this particular program – on National Geographic - was on all the assassination attempts on Hitler – 42 or 43 I think. Project Valkyrie was mentioned of course. How ironic that this nutcase should survive all those - only to end up dead by his own bullet in the bunker!

The other program was on the History Channel and was about the Tamil Tigers. For me, the mention of LTTE has always brought back memories of the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. But I never knew what started it all till I watched this program which, incidentally, is the latest in the series that covers world terrorism since 1945.

So if you are a history buff, don’t miss this series!

No comments: