Friday, August 1, 2008

I am done with reading Lee Child’s “Bad luck and Trouble”. It was a good one though I wouldn’t go to the extent of recommending it to anyone. I wonder if the real life special agents are really endowed with such seemingly super human intelligence and strength as depicted in such novels.

BTW, I was more amused than angry at the reference to Kashmir as “Dump” and “Shit hole” by one of the American characters. Apparently the author has never come across Pandit Javaharlal Nehru’s famous comparison of Kashmir with heaven on earth. :-) Or is this another case of the Americans’ incompetence at the game of “Spot-a-country”?

I remember that when I was a child we used to play a game in free period in the school. 4-5 of us would sit together with our geography books opened at a page with the map of India on it. One of us would name a place and the rest of us would try locate it in the map. “Jalpaiguri” was a favorite destination :-)

Maybe it’s a wise idea to hand a world atlas to Mr. McCain (and to Mr. Obama). At least that would put an end to Mr. McCain’s referring to “Czechoslovakia” ;-)

No comments: