Monday, December 10, 2007

Watching Chak De

I will be definitely termed as a "Laggard" if the Rogers model for adoption and diffusions of innovations is applied to movie-watching. :-) I watched Chak De India and Bhool Bhulaiya long after the rest of the Indians watched these movies, criticized/appreciated and forgot about them.

First about Chak De. I can't say I watched the movie in its entirety. I haven't still been able to make myself tolerate Shahrukh on screen for long. So I watched it in bits and pieces while I continued finishing up some pending work at home.

But I was in for a pleasant surprise. Shahrukh wasn't Shahrukh "King" Khan in this movie - he was Kabeer Khan. :-))

The scene I loved most was the one where the girls teach a lesson to some eve-teasing idiots at McDonald's. :-) I dropped what I was doing and clapped - much to the amusement of the rest of the family :-)

And of course the scene of the Indian team winning the Championship! I kept on telling myself that it's only a movie, that we are miles away from it happening in reality.

But there is something in that saffron-white-green flag with the Ashoka Chakra in the middle that fills me up with a lot of hope,pride and confidence - we will do it one day India!

No comments: