Monday, December 10, 2007

Teri movie bhool-bhulaiya

Really feel like singing this to Priya Darshan! I continued doing "parallel processing" while watching Chak De but dropped all my work and sat glued to the screen to watch this film - because I have liked all earlier PriyaDarshan movies. However, disappointment was just around the corner waiting to hit me after intermission!

I liked the way the movie began and progressed. Maybe it was because I have read "Twisted" recently I realized who could be doing it all. But I kept on hoping that the twist would be something else. I went on hoping even after my hunch was proved right.

I think the movie drags on painfully after the culprit is revealed. Priyadarshan sounds confused about whether this is a comedy movie, a psychological thriller or an out-and-out ghost story. I had lost all interest in the movie when it finally concluded.

The songs appear as if they were added as an after-thought - however I liked most of them - right from "Teri aankhen bhool bhulaiya" and "labon ko labon se" to "Allah Haafiz".

Must say that Akshay Kumar was a surprise package of the movie for me! He alternates between being funny and being serious with ease. And his comic timing is just too good! Shiny Ahuja doesn't have much to do except for running through the vast rooms of the palace every time someone screams. Amisha Patel looks cute but acts as dumb as her debut movie "Kaho na pyaar hai". Vidya Balan looks positively frightening in her "Monjulika" awatar. I will shudder every time I see a roshogulla now :-) I wonder if Vikram Gokhale himself has a clue as to what he was doing at the end of this movie :-)

Finally, I wonder which palace was this film shot at. The place looks simply awesome! At times like this I regret not having the kings and princes around anymore in India. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the movie was shot in Jaipur in an old mansion. ;) Nice review btw.