Thursday, December 13, 2007

Murder on the Orient Express

I have been feeling like a movie critic already. :-) Saw this movie adaptation of the Agatha Christie book. Few of the cast members that I could recognize were Sean Connery, Ingrid Bergman and Anthony Perkins (he is responsible for the pain caused by soapy water getting into my eyes. Just couldn't close my eyes while taking bath for a few days after watching his Psycho!).

This story got its inspiration from the incident of the Orient Express getting stuck in the snow for 5 days a few miles off Istanbul. At the time this movie was made the train was already out of operation and the shooting was completed using the coaches kept in museums.

This was also the only movie adaptation done while Agatha Christie was alive. She attended the premiere and liked the movie.

I enjoyed the movie even though I knew "who-dun-it". :-) But I didn't like Albert Finney who played Hercule Poirot - Christie's Belgian detective with an egg-shaped head who always gets annoyed on being called a Frenchman.

I think David Suchet fitted Poirot's description from Christie's books to a T - or should I say to a P!

No comments: