Thursday, November 22, 2007

What are your priorities?

A friend forwarded this mail to me today:

Five things are happening in your house at the same time. In which sequence would you solve them?

1. The telephone is ringing!

2. The baby is crying!

3. Someone's knocking or calling you from the front door!

4. You hung the clothes out to dry and it is beginning to rain!

5. You left the tap on in the kitchen and the water is already overflowing!

In which sequence would you solve these problems? Write the sequence and check below how your decisions were made.

BUT BE HONEST, THE FINDINGS ARE EXCITING.

First write YOUR sequence from 1 to 5 then scroll below and read after

......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......

Answer:

Every individual point represents something in your life.

On the list you can see which meaning every point has:

1. Telephone represents Work

2. Baby represents Family

3. Door represents Friends

4. Clothes represent Money

5. Tap represents Love Life

Your chosen sequence determines the priorities in your life. Be careful while determining them !!



I chose 2,1,3,4 and 5. However, it doesn't exactly match with my priorities in life.

My reasoning for the ordering was this. I agree that in choosing baby first I indicated that my 1st preference is for family. So far so good.

Next was 1 - telephone because someone might be calling me urgently but not necessarily from office. God knows I wouldn't pick up the phone if it were someone from office :-)

I chose 3 next because someone at the front door can wait till I am done with the person on phone.

Since the water is already overflowing no use in rushing to turn the tap off. I might as well save the clothes from being washed again in rain so my next choice was 4 and last one was 5.

I am still figuring out how an overflowing tap is supposed to represent my love life though!

No comments: