Thursday, November 11, 2010

Have a date with INS Vikrant

The Navy Week is here again and has brought with it yet another chance for the Mumbaikars to visit INS Vikrant. This light aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy has played an important role in the 1971 war. After being decommissioned in 1997, she has been converted into a museum.

INS Vikrant can be visited between 13-22 November, 10am-5pm at Tiger Gate, Naval Dockyard, Balard Estate.

Have a date with INS Vikrant! Have a date with a piece of India's history! :-)

4 comments:

Dinesh Shirvaikar said...

Can this be visited this week-end? I wanted my kids to have a look at this wonder.

Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...

Hi Dinesh,

Originally 22nd was the last day that Vikrant was supposed to be open for public viewing. I later heard on the FM channels that the date was extended till 28th.

Normally the Navy opens it up for viewing in November and December every year. If I hear about it this December, I will definitely post the news on this blog.

Please note that Vikrant cannot be viewed on any other days without a special permission.

Swapna

LADDI said...

Hi I want to get my son and his friends there on 9 april as b'day treat of my son.Is Vikrant open for public viewing on that day please let me know

Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, INS Vikrant is open for public visit only during the Navy Week in November-December every year.

Swapna