Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Remixes

The other day I listened to a remix and almost died of cardiac arrest! It was remix of the song "Yaara sili sili" from the movie "Lekin".

Let me make it clear here that I am not anti-remix. I have found some remixes like e.g. "Thoda resham lagata hai, thoda sona lagata hai" or "Tu tu hai wahi dilne jise apana kaha" to be better than their originals.

But this remix of "Yaara sili sili" did not do justice to the mood of the song. The original song had a haunting feel about it - it fit perfectly with the lonely lost soul played by Dimple Kapadia. While this remix felt as if someone is singing it while prancing about in the garden. :-(

I tried listening to the remix - just for the sake of the beautiful lyrics but it was painful with all that "wrong" music. So I gave it up finally and listened to the song in my mind. The lines played back.....

Tuti hui chudiyon se jodu yeh kalaai mai
Pichhali gali me jaane kya chhod aayi mai

No comments: