Sunday, December 24, 2017

Supernatural, S13, E07

Okay. Just how many characters do the series' writers plan to drag back from the seasons gone past? As long as it was a one-off instance like Missouri Mosley, it was fine. But now the characters are popping out of the woodwork faster than the speed of light. First it was Michael, albeit from a parallel universe. Then it was Kevin Tran. And if that wasn't enough, Arthur Ketch is back - to my utter and complete dismay, if I may say so. What's more, he is working for Asmodeus. I have no idea how or where he made that connection. But to borrow Dean's words, it don't sound good for the Winchesters. At all.

Add to that the fact that Lucifer is back into the real world. With his powers diminished. Asmodeus has him locked in Hell along with Castiel and the Winchesters (as always!) are blissfully unaware of the whole mess. Oh, and Jack is nowhere to be seen. Things couldn't get any uglier. Or could they?

There is no trace of the only 3 people from the past who I would love to see again - Crowley, Mary and Rowena. Of course, I know Crowley cannot be back because Mark Sheppard has ruled out that possibility already. I hope Mary will hitch a ride out of the parallel universe with Michael. Will Rowena make her appearance in next episode? The Winchesters really need someone in their corner, even if it is someone as selfish as her. Given the time lag between the US and Indian telecasts, I guess only Wiki can tell :-)

Till date, I haven't been able to reconcile myself to the fact that Jack is Lucifer's son - biology squarely dictates that he is the president's child. Unless, of course, the mortal biological rules don't apply to the angels!

No comments: