Monday, January 30, 2017

Supernatural, S12, E09

There was absolutely no need to give me such a fright. I swear I would have died of cardiac arrest or heart attack or whatever it is that people die of when their heart stops beating - if Dean or Sam had been taken by the Reaper. I don't have such affection for Mama Winchester but then little Sammie would have been heartbroken if she had died - again.

At first, I was puzzled as to how the Winchesters managed to appear dead. But a split second after the car lights died, I realized that either a Crossroads Demon or the Reaper must have been involved. Shame on Crowley for not helping. What I didn't understand is why Castiel couldn't erase the memory of all those who were involved in arresting Sam and Dean. I am not quite sure if he has all his powers with him anymore. He looked positively cute though when he emotionally said that he didn't want to see any of the Winchesters die. Me neither pal, me neither.

Of course, kudos to the Brits for coming to the rescue when they did. But I am not too thrilled about Mary joining hands with them. There is something decidedly shifty about them. And I am not even talking about their accent :-)

This was the best episode of this season, in my humble opinion. I am not too worried about the issues on cosmic scale that the Reaper said would be caused if the promise made to her is broken. If the Winchesters and Castiel are together, they will manage to tide over anything. As for the rest of the humanity, I am sure we will muddle along - despite it being just a few minutes to the midnight on the Apocalyptic Scale.

No comments: