Sunday, December 4, 2016

Supernatural, Season 12, E05 and E06

It is always difficult to follow the proceedings, at least for the first five minutes or so, when the plot refers to something from the past seasons - the case in point being the Thule Society. It was an interesting plot, what with the world's eternal fascination with the possibility that Hitler might not really have died in that bunker. Of course, it would be tough luck to discover that one is related to Hitler, harder still to live with that knowledge. For a moment I feared that the Winchesters will end up fighting both Lucifer and Hitler in the coming episodes of this season. And God help the world if the evil duo decided to team up. Nothing of the sort happened though. Thank God for small mercies. The only sour note was the bizarre comic behavior of Hitler. I am not quite sure why the creative team of Supernatural decided to reduce him to a joker.

I couldn't figure out the motive behind the sixth episode either. It wasn't as if Asa Fox had returned from some earlier season. Except for the fact that Mary Winchester had managed to save him from a werewolf and that he ended up being a hunter, I see no reason why an entire episode should be dedicated to him. In my humble opinion, the only moment in the whole episode that added something to the plot was when the Reaper Billie mentions that Mary doesn't feel that she belongs here. For an anxious moment or two, it felt like Sam and Dean would lose their mom once again. But mercifully Mary is yet to throw in the towel. I wish Amara had thought twice before sending Mary back. Some blessing it has turned out to be for the Winchester Boys! I am also not happy that Dean owes one to the Reaper now. I neither liked nor trusted the lady.

I just hope Mary Winchester doesn't decide to shuffle off her mortal coil anytime soon. I would hate to see Sam and Dean in pain.

P.S. Oh, and for the record, I am increasingly finding Sam to be cuter (He looks simply delicious in those FBI suits!) and more emotionally appealing than Dean. Certainly someone to take home to dear old Mama. :-)

No comments: