Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year

My last post for 2016. Another year is gone. I am sure each one of us has a collection of moments of happiness, frustration, anger, satisfaction and sadness belonging to this year. Each one of us must have been able to achieve something that we had thought of doing on January 1st, 2016. But if you are like the majority, there is a lot that is still left to be done. Our to-do list seems like a permanent 'work in progress', doesn't it? But then that's the beauty of life. If we achieved everything that we wanted to do, then life won't have any meaning anymore.

These days, the newspapers are full of articles that would have us believe that the world has become a more dangerous place in the past year. Maybe it is true, maybe it is not. I have stopped believing everything that is said on TV and in print. It makes you feel sad, helpless and dejected. Instead, I have begun to seek out news that is encouraging, that talks of people who are hellbent on making positive changes in their part of the world. I have begun to read about the little people who are dealing with whatever life is throwing at them with courage and who are refusing to give up. As far as I am concerned, only these people matter. Because they are humanity's best hope. They are doing what God (if indeed there is one!) had in mind for us when he put us on this planet.

I am determined to be one of these little people.

I don't know what you want out of 2017. But I am sure that I won't be very far off the mark when I say that may the Universe bless you with loving people, a satisfying occupation and the best of health.

See you all in 2017! :-)

No comments: