Sunday, October 23, 2016

Supernatural, S12, E01

It's been quite a while since the last season ended so it took me some time to come to grips with the goingson in this one. e.g. I wondered for a moment why Castiel dropped out of the sky to land in front of some poor chap's car, only to ask him how far Lebanon, Kansas was. Then I realized that the British lady had blasted him out of the bunker when she kidnapped Sam. Then I wasn't sure what Crowley kept appearing next to bodies with burnt-out eyes. I wasn't rewarded with the answer immediately. But then someone mentioned Lucifer and I remembered that we hadn't seen him in last season after God's sister had blasted him as he tried to kill her. Shoot! He is back? That's not good news for the Winchesters.

The billion dollar question is - is Castiel in full possession of his Angel powers? He seemed to have no trouble in disarming the driver before taking his car and yet, when it came to the British female version of Rambo he was thrown around like a rag doll. I knew it would fall to Dean's mom to kill her and jumped with joy when she did. But it was painful to watch the other one torturing Sam. Would Her Majesty approve of such tactics? I hope these guys rescue Sam in the next episode and blast the British chippy (as Rachel from Friends would call her!) back to London.

And speaking of London, it was hugely entertaining to hear that the Men of Letters have warded the whole place down to secure it against the supernatural creatures. I wonder if the protections would hold if Lucifer decides to pay a visit to look at the Queen. :-)

Hope to see little Sammy getting reunited with his mom in next episode!

No comments: