Friday, January 1, 2016

Banana Leaf, R City Mall, Ghatkopar

Since Komala's closed down in High Street Phoenix, I have been dying to have a good South Indian Thali meal. Unfortunately, by the time I managed to step into Banana Leaf the Chalupa that I had greedily wolfed down a few hours back hadn't yet been digested. So I wasn't hungry enough to go for a Thali. But that didn't stop us from ordering Sri Lankan Style Idli with Potato Stew (Rs. 180) and Ragi Dosa (Rs. 140).

Sri Lankan Style Idli with Potato Stew
Now, I am not too big a fan of Raagi. So I was a bit skeptical about its dosa form. Turned out my worry was totally unfounded. The dosa was even better than its rice flour version. Crisp & seasoned to a perfection - I just couldn't eat enough of it. The tomato chutney and sambar served with it were absolutely divine. The huge idlis with the rich-looking stew (later investigation on Google revealed that coconut milk goes into it) made me wonder if we will be able to finish them off. But those too were polished off within no time.

A lunch that filled the tummy, nourished the soul and was light on the purse. Now that is a rare combination!

No comments: