Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Luckom water falls

First, a word of caution to the visitor - if you can't stomach the sight of topless men with potbellies frolicking about in water, give this place a miss. Unfortunately, no one warned us. In a way I am glad they didn't because it is a beautiful waterfall - gallons of snowy-white water, frothing, gurgling, rushing about in a hurry, the rays of the late-morning sun glittering at its edges. You feel energized, you feel fresh and you feel younger.





I had this sudden urge to go wade through the water just to be able to feel its rush, its touch against my skin. But there was a warning that the water level could rise at any moment. I am not sure if the people already in water had read it but I sure wasn't going to take any chances. I just dipped my toes in a small stream on our way back. The water was ice-cold. There was no way I could have waded in.

There are a couple of shops selling biscuits, chips, juices and beverages. But if you are looking for ice-cold beverages you might find yourself out of luck. Many of the shops don't have electricity.

2 places visited, 2 more to go - Sandalwood Forest and Muniyara caves.

No comments: