Saturday, July 18, 2015

New Programs on Epic Channel

If there is one channel which can make me watch its programs for hours on end without feeling as if I am wasting my time, that's Epic Channel. It has come up with a slew of new programs which are simply awesome. Here is a list:

1. Stories by Rabindranath Tagore - directed by Anurag Basu (Mon-Tues, 10pm)

I watched one episode of a story and regretted not being able to watch the rest. Amazing acting, no melodrama - just a story being told in a simple straight-forward manner. Reminds you of the serials that DD used to churn out during its prime. You cannot miss this!

2. Ekaant - Thursday, 10:30pm

I missed the episode of Raigarh because I didn't know they have started airing new episode. I watched last Thursday's episode on KumbhalGarh and know that I am going there one of these days.

3. Jaane Pehchaane - by Javed Akhtar, Wed-Thurs, 10pm

This is a program about different aspects of the Hindi film industry from the bygone era. I must confess that I watched the first episode with a lot of expectations but was rather disappointed. I am going to give it one more try though.

4. Epic Ke Dus - Thursday, 9pm

This covers 10 instances of an aspect from Indian history - 10 great kings or 10 conspirators. I watched the episode about India's 10 conspirators - Raghunathrao of the Maratha dynasty, King Ambhi who helped Alexander against King Porus and people who betrayed freedom fighters like Chandrashekhar Azad and Bhagat Singh. A glimpse into history in a well-organized format - I like it!

5. Time Machine - Wednesday, 9pm

The concept is simple. A person hires a hacker, a notorious gangster and a thief to steal valuable artifacts from different eras of India's history. I watched one episode, missed the second and am determined not to miss any more.

6. Lootere - Friday, 9pm

A program about the bandits of British Era India. I am yet to watch any episode of this series.

7. Mid-Wicket Tales With Naseeruddin Shah - Friday, 10pm

I have watched repeat telecast of one of the episodes and liked it.

Looks like they have a facility to set yourself an alarm for your favorite shows on Twitter. What's more, there are no commercial breaks to speak of on this channel. What more can a viewer ask for? :-)

No comments: