Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Elementary – One Watson, One Holmes

I am seriously wondering whether I should devote one hour of my life to watching this show on a weekly basis. The storylines are becoming more and more mundane with each episode. Sure, the episodes depict the usage of the modern technology that is available to everyone in 21st century. They seem to be staying in tune with the current world affairs e.g. the member of ‘Everyone’ refers to ISIS in this episode. But I have been increasingly feeling that the old world charm of Sherlock is somehow getting lost in all this. His deductive powers are not putting us in awe anymore. It’s too much use of technology.

I really wish Sherlock would go on vacation in an English countryside and crack a few mysteries without the aid of any modern gadgets. Oh, and while I am at it, I also wish we would see less of their personal lives.

No comments: