Monday, February 16, 2015

I will not be able to quite put my finger to the ‘why’ of it but there is something immensely satisfying about an India win against Pakistan. Yeah, yeah, I know that it is not politically correct to say so. But the plain truth is that I felt like joining the crowd that was seen dancing to their hearts’ content in the streets across India. Oh, and you know what was even more satisfying? The sight of the Pakistanis destroying their TV screens in anger and frustration :) Of course the skeptic in me wondered if the footage captured was really from Pakistan or from some Indian city where the locals had dressed up as Pakistanis. These days you can never be sure how much the news being aired to your living rooms has been dressed up.

Talking about dressing, I wonder what in the world was Anju Chopra wearing. Was she there as a woman cricketer or as the ‘so-called’ eye-candy aka Mandira Bedi.

No comments: