Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Taco Bell

Taco Bell used to be one of my favorite joints when I was in the US (Hard to believe now but McDonald's used to be another). I had been eagerly waiting for them to come to India. So on a recent trip to Ghatkopar's RCity Mall I decided to try it out.

The menu is quite uncomplicated. As usual, I decided to give the vegetarian choices a skip and concentrated on the non-veg section. My eyes fell on 'Big Bell Box' - a box containing classic Burrito, Topped Nachos, Chalupa and your choice of beverage. There was no earthly reason not to go for it so I ordered the 'El Pollo' version. :-)


First point to note - the chicken Burrito, Nachos and Chalupa comes in the minced form. Now that's a first and a boon for someone like me who dislikes flavorless chunky chicken pieces. As far as the Burrito goes, there is nothing to write home about. But to be fair, I have never been a fan of Burritos. And there was nothing missing in terms of quality of the meat, seasoning or the crust. Topped Nachos were every bit what you would expect them to be - crunchy, full of flavorful meat with dollops of molten cheese thrown about everywhere. I couldn't eat fast enough. The Chalupa was the highlight of the culinary treat and so I am not going to describe it here. Go and experience it yourself.

The staff was friendly, actually bordering on cheerful - probably buoyed by the long line of customers that was slowly forming in front of the outlet.

Buena Suerte!

No comments: