Sunday, August 31, 2014

They say that what has been playing on your subconscious mind manifests itself in the form of dreams. But this is one dream I can't quite figure out - maybe because whenever I think of it, I shake my head in pure amusement. Well, it went like this. I am sitting in a classroom full of students and the teacher is yet to make an appearance. (I get where this one came from - I am learning Spanish where most of the class is made up of students). I am turning the pages of the notebook in front of me and suddenly someone taps me on the shoulder from behind. Who do you think it is? Well, it is the late Hindi movie actor Rajesh Khanna. And he looked like he used to during his heydays (as in movies like Kati Patang!). He asks me nervously if the teacher had given any homework last time. I say yes. He looks sheepish and says that if he had known about it, he would have skipped today's class.

The dream ended there. But what remains a puzzle to this day is whether he spoke with me in English, Hindi or Marathi. That and the fact that a hero from the Golden Era of Hindi movies - who BTW I am not even a fan of - ended up in my dream. :-)

No comments: