Sunday, July 20, 2014

CR2 Mall, Nariman Point

One advantage of eating at a Food Court is that everyone in the group gets to choose his or her food. And you get to sample more food. The CR2 mall at Nariman Point doesn't spoil you for choices when it comes to variety of food inside the court. They have Bombay Blue and a few other outlets serving Biryani, kebabs, sizzlers, chinese cuisine, sandwiches and sizzlers.

South Indian Platter.

I don't remember the name of the place serving South Indian food. We chose South Indian Platter. As you can see in the photo, it came with 4 pieces of Mini Idli, 2 pieces of Medu Wada, 2 pieces of Sabudana Wada and 2 pieces of Kothimbir Wadi along with little bit of Sambhar and coconut chutney. Excuse me, but isn't Kothimbir Wadi a Maharashtrian dish? What is it doing in a South Indian Platter? The Mini Idli was good, soft and fluffy. Medu Wada was crisp - as it should be. I don't like Sabudana Wada so I didn't taste it. Kothimbir Wadi was okay too. I am not much of a fan of coconut chutney and so generally prefer to dip idlis or wadas in sambhar. But the sambhar served in the platter was too watery for my taste. I found the coconut chutney much better. At Rs. 135 this one is light on tummy and wallet both.

Sizzling Chicken Soya
'Simply Sizzler' had about 5 choices each in veg and non-veg section. I would rather not have a sizzler than have a veg one. None of the non-veg choices seemed particularly spicy though. When I asked the guy at the counter which one was spicy, he suggested that we go for Sizzling Chicken Soya. The sizzler had everything - veggies like carrots, french beans, carrots, cauliflower, potatoes and chicken. What it lacked was taste - except that of soya sauce. :-(

I ain't going to this food court again.

No comments: