Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Dunkin Donuts, Phoenix City Market, Kurla

Amazingly enough, the mall that makes you reach for a deck of cards when it comes to choosing where to go for lunch, doesn't boast of a lot of places where you can indulge your proverbial 'Indian Sweet Tooth'. They have Natural, Gelato and I suspect, Ice Cream Works. But Haagen Daaz is conspicuous by its absence. On one of the floors we came across Havmor and tasted their ice-cream sandwich. Nothing to write home about but a little bit different than the normal fare dished out at most of the joints. The 'Punjabi Kulfi' has a couple of interesting choices when it comes to their long stick kulfi - like Pan, Thandai, Gulkand and Cadbury - apart from the usual flavors like mango, pista-badam and malai. We tried Cadbury Kulfi and liked it, though I wonder what Cadbury thinks about it :-) There is a place serving waffles somewhere but I couldn't try it during this visit.

There was one place that I was keen to visit - Dunkin Donuts. In US, two of their donuts were my favorite ones - glazed and the one that came with desiccated coconut on top. At Phoenix City Market, their outlet is on the 2nd floor (for some strange reason, the mall calls ground floor 'lower ground' and first floor 'upper ground'. So the 2nd floor is actually the 3rd floor!). As soon as I reached there my eyes hungrily scanned the golden disks neatly lined behind the counter. I was overjoyed to spot the glazed ones but disappointed when I didn't see the one with desiccated coconut :-( So here is what I ended up ordering (as a takeaway of course!) - Glazed donut, Cinnamon Ring and Toffee Nougat. Glazed was good but I think it could have been sweeter :-) I didn't like the Cinnamon Ring at all but Toffee Nougat was a glimpse of the heaven!

Guys, can we please please have the donut with desiccated coconut on top in India???

No comments: