Sunday, March 9, 2014

Magnum - the new Belgian Ice-cream in town

The hoardings are all over the city - featuring fat candies in 3 different flavors. One of the hoardings is right on the road that I take for my daily evening walks. And to be frank, every time I look at it, I feel as if the calories that I have tried to burn are back just by looking at the candies.


Alas! That didn't prevent me from going for them as we hunted for a dessert post Sunday lunch. Presently, Bru Cafes are one of the places where they are being sold. There are 3 flavors as I said - Classic (outer shell of chocolate, vanilla ice-cream inside), Almond (no description needed here!) and Chocolate Truffle (for those of us who can't get enough of chocolate I guess).

I tasted a bit of every flavor - but I must say that I liked the Classic one the best. I paid a total of Rs 255 for 3 candies - which I must say is a bit steep. After all, I can get the same taste of Classic in Amul's Probiotic ice-cream candy. The only thing is that Magnum scores in the quantity department :-)

No comments: