Wednesday, August 7, 2013

To buy Khakaras or not to buy Khakaras. After deliberating over this decision for five minutes I decided against buying it. When I turned, I was greeted by rows and rows of sweets. In addition to the usual suspects - Kaju Katli, Badami Halwa, Mahimi Halwa, Pedas, Motichur Laddoo, Besan Laddoo - there was a row of homemade chocolates. The last I had seen their kind was in shops in Ooty a couple of years back. I had bought some then - just out of curiosity and lived to regret it because I had found a human hair in one of them. Too homemade for my taste! I have vowed never to touch them again for the rest of my life. So I just glanced at them before going to the counter to pay for my purchases when small boards propped up against two of the varieties stopped me in my tracks - "Homemade Kitkat", read one of them. And "Homemade Oreo" read the other one.

I wish someone from Nestle and Mondelēz International visits this shop. The look on their faces would be priceless!

No comments: