Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Alpino by Nestle

Sometimes I suspect that whatever chocolates were supposed to be invented by mankind have all been already invented. There is white chocolate (Yum!) , milk chocolate (Yum again!) and dark chocolate (Yikes!) with bits of nuts, fruits and good old caramel thrown in for good measure with different degrees of chewiness. What more can one do in it? So I wasn't too thrilled when I saw the ads for Nestle's Alpino. Surely, this cannot be the next best thing to happen to mankind after sliced bread.

I was right about that! It's a chocolate - plain and simple. Two bite sized pieces of it in each packet - wrapped like a Ferrero Rocher. And then there is a tiny plastic strip with a message - like the one in fortune cookies - in each one of them. The ones I ate (Yep, I ate 2 of them!) had the following messages:

There is more to life than love...
but not right now!

Who says you can't buy love?
The currency is chocolate!

I agree wholeheartedly but I am not happy about those plastic strips. They are not environment friendly, you know! Why leave a bitter taste with such sweet chocolates?

No comments: