Monday, December 3, 2012

"I have been pressing this button for the past 10 minutes. You went downstairs and up again twice. Didn't you see the indicator? I get late everyday because of you people." I was venting my frustration at the watchman manning the elevator in our society.

'Madam, the lift stops automatically on the floors. I cannot control it' he was trying to get in a few words - now that I had paused to catch some breath.

'What non-sense!' I managed a final reprimand and hit the floor running as soon as the doors opened on the ground floor.

And then, I read 'The ups and downs of Making elevators go'. Oh well, I am not saying that the elevator in our society is running a complex algorithm. But I guess I can make a few seconds allowance for the poor machine.

On second thoughts, I am better off taking stairs!

No comments: