Sunday, October 14, 2012

Who are the Talibans afraid of?

Who are the Talibans afraid of? A few days back, maybe different people would have given different answers. But I guess today, many people would say that they are afraid of a 14-year old girl. A girl who dared to speak against them. A girl who defied their orders to go to school. A girl who refused to back off. And so they decided to kill her.

Fortunately for us, they didn't succeed. Malala Yousafzai is alive and fighting for her life. I hope and pray that she wins this fight.

This reminds me of an Urdu couplet.

मेरी सोहबत मे भेजो ताकी इसका डर निकल जाये
बहोत सहमी हुई दरबारमे सच्चाई रहती है

Please send the Truth with me so it can lose its fear. It seems pretty terrorized these days.

I guess Malala is one person who is perfectly capable of looking after the Truth!

No comments: